Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Thursday, November 13, 2008

More On Google Analytics and Web Hits

Yesterday, I noted that thanks to Google Analytics, I knew that my website received 34 hits in about a week's time. Well, yesterday, I posted a "situation wanted" ad on the industry newsletter and website Cynopsis, and thanks to that ad (and my continuing networking on LinkedIn), elliotblake.com received 33 hits in one day. Which is more than double my previous record, which was something like 14 hits from Suwanee, Georgia a couple of days before I gave a workshop at the Decatur Book Festival. So the Cynopsis ad is working, I would say, and using Analytics is incredibly useful for determining where the hits are coming from. If you have a website, and you're curious about your traffic, I highly recommend this Google tool. (And they're not paying me to say that. Although they should.)

-EB

No comments: