Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Friday, November 21, 2008

Deep Thought of the Day

On my way to pick up Sam from school today, I noticed a car festooned with bumper stickers expressing a certain political and lifestyle view - "Be a Vegetarian!", "Nice Truck, Buddy! Sorry About Your Small Pee-Pee.", "Kucinich '04", that sort of thing. It was really a case of vehicle as mode of expression, and I've seen it across the cultural spectrum, from NRA-W the President-Love It or Leave It pick-up trucks to ten year old Hondas covered with stickers for obscure goth bands. Which led me to the following:

Are blogs and Facebook pages the more verbose bumper stickers of the information super-highway?

I know - it's heavy, man. Heavy. (And you thought I was kidding when I said "deep thought" in the subject line...)

-EB

No comments: