Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Friday, November 14, 2008

The Map

My lovely wife, a true data connoisseur, is very much in love with the touchscreen electoral map so ably navigated by John King on CNN, but now that the election is over, she's suffering from a little withdrawal. I mentioned in my last couple of posts the quantity of hits my website has received over the last few days - a teeny, tiny amount by commercial standards, but good for me - and where those hits have been coming from across the globe. So, for Laura, here's the map:
I think you can click the map for a larger view. What I like about it is all the dots, each representing a geographic location from which a hit originated. It looks like some kind of global Elliot outbreak, which my ego really digs. The bigger dots indicate a larger quantity of hits from that region, which is why the entire southeast of the United States is obscured by a giant dot representing the Atlanta metro area. Yesterday, I got a hit from Hong Kong. That's just cool.

-EB

No comments: