Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Map, One More Time

As I've previously mentioned, I am fascinated by the Google Analytics Map. Here's the latest, detailing the worldwide Elliot outbreak:
And as I've also previously mentioned, my wife is a data connoisseur; she deals with data every day, and is really interested in the visual representation of quantitative information to explain studies and provide context. So she was really in love with CNN's election map as operated by the map maestro, John King. It turns out Laura wasn't the only person into the map - so was The Daily Show's John Oliver (who once got his butt kicked, along with teammate John Hodgman, in charity scrabble tournament by my sister-in-law Elaine). But where Laura sees potential for good in the map, John Oliver sees...evil (worth watching):


That's today's map update.

-EB

No comments: