Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Finally!

It's election day. If you haven't voted already, please go do so. (Although I'm fairly certain that my regular audience of 10-15 people are not in need of any reminders.)

I know I'm not the only person in the country to be relieved this day is finally here. I'm staying away from the television coverage until the polls start closing today, and then I expect I'll be glued. Apparently Direct TV is going to have a "election mix" channel, with the screen split into six boxes featuring coverage from the broadcast networks, CNN, MSNBC, Fox, and one screen splitting time between BBC America and Comedy Central. That's probably what I'll be watching. One last hardcore mainlining of election news before I go cold turkey.

I will admit to being on pins and needles today. I'd like to see an Obama victory, and while many of the pundits and news organizations and analysts seem to think that's the likely outcome, I'm not going to believe it until it actually happens - if there's one thing I've learned working in the entertainment business, it's that you take nothing for granted, and that no such thing as a done deal until the check has actually cleared and the funds are securely deposited in your account, a metaphor which I think is easily extended to presidential election politics.

More later, I'm sure.

-EB

No comments: