Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Monday, November 3, 2008

Confessions: Weird Al

When I was at GameTap.com, I had the privilege of co-creating, with the whip-smart and talented Chris Jordan, a little show called Confessions, which was an intentionally crudely animated program featuring people's tales of videogame-related woe. Including the pilot, we made seven episodes, under the more-than-capable stewardship of writer/producer/professional funnyman Dave Drabik, who has written for comedy greats David Letteman, Jay Leno, and Bill Maher, and who was brought in to help with Confessions because I was swamped with the Re\Visioned: Tomb Raider show. There are a couple of Confessions episodes written by yours truly up on my website; all-in-all, it was an enoyable experience.

Not long before the plug was pulled on GameTap TV at the end of May, I was tasked with making one final episode of Confessions, this one with a special guest star: Weird Al Yankovic, who, if I remember correctly, was supposed to be the GameTap Artist of the Month for June. GameTap TV was pulled off the website sometime in June or July, so I honestly couldn't tell you whether or not the Weird Al programming happened, but I can tell you that we finished and delivered the Weird Al episode of Confessions before we were shown the door. I was poking around YouTube today, looking to see what GameTap TV programming was still floating around the web, and much to my surprise, I found the Weird Al Confessions, capably written by my occasional writing partner Carl LaPan, produced by me, directed by John Henshaw of Turner Studios, and featuring the actual voice of Weird Al Yankovic. There's a strange video glitch in the YouTube encode, but I embed the episode here for your viewing enjoyment:



-EB

1 comment:

Jason said...

I was checking your website to see what you have going on... You stated that Al's voice was really him but you show no love for the V/O on the rest of the short? :)

Jason