Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Live-Blogging Election Night: The Big Prognosticator

The results of Indiana not withstanding - still don't know the outcome as I type this - I am very surprised to be watching this man who blew me away with an inspirational speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention be on the verge of the presidency of the greatest nation on Earth. I said to Laura back then, whoever wins, this Obama fellow is going to be president one day. I remember trying to figure out when it would happen; if Kerry had won, I was thinking 2012, but if Bush won, I wondered if a guy so new to the scene would or could run in 2008. And sure enough, Bush won. And Obama ran. And now we're here. And CNN just projected he's going to be the 44th President of the United States. And I actually have tears in my eyes.

Wow.

Wow.

Thanks goodness.

-EB

No comments: