Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Work, Glorious Work

This week is shaping up to be productive, thank goodness. Here's why:
-Yesterday, I finished mapping out/laying out/writing the first chapter in a webcomic I'm hoping to submit to Zuda Comics, DC Comics' online comics venture. I'm going to finish typing the script today. There's a significant challenge to scripting a comic; it's far different than writing for animation or live action, in that there's no movement - you have to pick the moments you want your readers to see, and describe them for your artist - so it requires a tweak to your thinking, and I've enjoyed that challenge. I've actually got two stories that I'd like to do as webcomics. If I'm feeling especially productive, I might actually get two scripts done this week.

-Today I do research and prepare the interview questions for the interviews my co-producer and I will be shooting on Thursday, for the pilot episode of what we're hoping will turn into a new documentary web-series. More on this as it develops. This has been in the works for a while, and I'm excited to actually have the shoot.

-Tomorrow I lose an hour to a workshop at the Georgia Department of Labor, which I have to attend to keep receiving my unemployment checks. I'm not looking forward to it, but you gotta do what you gotta do, and in this economy, that's what I've gotta do. Nevertheless, I remain hopeful that job opportunities in my chosen career are just around the bend.

That's all for now.

-EB

No comments: