Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Those Sharp LCD HD TV Ads

I'm watching the world series, and Sharp has bought a lot of time for those freaky ads featuring a professor waxing on about the wonders of Sharp's LCD technology. Y'know, that guy in the picture below. I was thinking I can't be the only person who is somewhat put off by these ads, the constant repetition by the professor of "LCD TV!", and the extremely tight close-ups of the prof, which I can't seem to find a still of on this wondrous thing we call the internet. And it turns out not only am I right about not being the first person to be bothered by these commercials, I'm also not the first person to blog about it (which is less of a surprise). Shout out to the group blog Salt In Wound, from whom I have cribbed the still, for beating me to the punch.



-EB

No comments: