Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Live-Blogging the Debate: Who Won?

Well, it's over, and I think Obama did an okay job. I wanted him to fight back more forcefully against McCain's lecturing and hectoring - it would have been nice to hear him say "Senator McCain is right" a few less times, and I really would have liked to hear him say "Don't lecture me, John." But I guess his game plan has been to keep it civil, and by extension presidential and above it. McCain's demeanor and smugness and overall temperament during the debate keeps him from winning in my book, but he did a good job of keeping Obama on the defensive rather than answering the questions at hand. I can tell you this - I don't like John McCain, and the way he's run his campaign has cost me what little respect I had left for him. I'm going to call this one a draw.

-EB

No comments: