Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"My government is my worst enemy. I'm going to fight them with any means at hand."

From this article on Salon.com, which I'm quoting above and here: "Imagine if the Obamas had hooked up with a violently anti-American group in league with the government of Iran."

Instead, though, it was the Palins, specifically "First Dude" Todd Palin, who spent seven years as a member of the secessionist Alaska Independence Party, whose founder, Joe Vogler, was virulently anti-American and anti-government. Here's a quote: "My government is my worst enemy. I'm going to fight them with any means at hand." So anti-America was this guy that he got the Islamic government of Iran to sponsor his planned appearance at the United Nations, where he was to denounce the United States. He was murdered before that happened, leading to some dark conspiracy theories on the part of Alaska Independence Party members about who was responsible for his death. Interesting stuff, and I'm willing to bet if this association between the Palins and this secessionist party gets wider press, Gov. Palin and McCain will blow it off as a non-issue, and in the same breath continue to condemn Obama for having worked on education issues with a reformed radical. Any takers? And the McCain team insists they vetted her...

Good stuff.

-EB

No comments: