Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Caption This

I found the above tiny advertisement on the New York Times homepage this morning, and it just struck me as anachronistic, given the widening economic crisis we're in. I would think even highly paid CEO's are probably wondering if premium business travel is a good idea right now. Anyway, take a look at that guy's face - he's just so self-satisfied as he sits in his premium business class seat, with a real wine glass. It's inspired several captions:
-"I love my golden parachute!"
-"Crisis? Not where I'm sittin'."
-"I wonder what Sarah Palin looks like naked."

Now, perhaps it's not fair to blame that guy for our economic woes - after all, he's just a model in an advertisement - but it sure is therapeutic. That's a big part of why Lehman CEO Richard Fuld was in front of the House Oversight committee yesterday, being publicly lambasted - so we could have a scapegoat and feel a little better knowing who to blame. So if you're feeling like you need someone to blame, go ahead and blame Mr. Premium Business Travel, by adding your own witty caption in the comments section.

No comments: