Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Friday, October 24, 2008

Live-Blogging the Early Vote in Georgia

Today, I voted.

Georgia is one of the early voting states, and turnout here has been huge - today was no exception:
While waiting on line, I thought to myself, I'd really like to be live-blogging this, but I'm sans Blackberry and/or iPhone (which I openly covet). But I had a notebook with me, and a pen, and the will to step back into the 2oth century to record my thoughts. I have scanned them, and I share my voting experience with you below. (Click each page for a larger, readable image.)





Three hours in line! In the end, I did get my Chick-Fil-A reward:
...although I think a better reward would be an Obama victory on November 4. But damn, that chicken sandwich was good.

-EB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on voting and thank you for your service. You are a Great American! (Oh wait, wrong show. But you're still a Great American!).

Four years ago I went to the Dekalb County courthouse for early voting. I got there before 7 AM and stood in line in a cold rain, like you, for about three hours.

Also like you, I was amazed at the number of Democrats (at least that's what they said). I didn't have to take a poll. People were vocal about it. I was euphoric and really felt like we had a chance - even in Georgia! Alas, I discovered that Atlanta is a tiny blue oasis in a vast, burning red desert and...well, we all know what happened four years ago.

This year, despite what should have been a lesson learned, I share you're optimism that our votes might actually mean something in Georgia. I have even heard reports to back that up (taken with a grain of salt seeing as how I am a big fan of The Liberal Media). Here's hoping!

On election night I'm sure we will be following your live debate coverage until the election is over. Or you run out of Scotch.

Randy Hill
Proud American Democrat