Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Book Festival Wrap-Up

Well, it's taken me nearly ten days to come down from the high that comes from 1) not having anyone throw anything at you while you're speaking publicly, and 2) having people actually turn out to hear what you have to say. Thanks to Amber Dermont of Agnes Scott College and Tom Bell, programming director for the Decatur Book Festival for inviting me to participate in the annual Writer's Conference, and to my amigo Chris Kelly for pitching in his extremely valuable two cents on the art of writing for animation. Thanks also to Terra McVoy of Decatur's excellent Little Shop of Stories for inviting me to be part of the panel for teen readers - it was a total blast. I got to talk a lot about comics - my favorite medium - and it's gratifying to see that people are really beginning to accept comics as a literary form.

1 comment:

Historical Books said...

I have saw your site in the Google search and saw some valid information from your site and i followed your information step by step and its very interesting points you have made in the site, and i got the pr 1 for my site within 1 week.. thanks for your valuable information..