Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hannah's First Joke

My daughter Hannah, who turns three next month, surprised me with her first joke the other day. And it wasn't a knock-knock joke that she heard in daycare - it was a one-liner. For your pleasure, I present Hannah's joke below:

I was trying to make lunch (or something along those lines) and Hannah was being kind of difficult about letting me do it, so I said to her, "Hannah, you're driving me nuts -would just let me finish, please?"

Her reply: "Daddy, I not driving you nuts - I'm driving you grapes!"


On the scale of Toddler Humor - which, if you've been around little kids, is not terribly sophisticated and rarely makes actual sense - that's equivalent to a John Stewart one-liner.

I'm so proud.

-EB

No comments: