Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Friday, September 26, 2008

Debate Wrap-Up

Just watched the first debate, and, being an Obama supporter, I thought he did just fine - but I wish he did better. I wanted to see Barack wipe the floor with McCain, and that just didn't happen - although it was easy to tell when Obama was getting under his skin - that brought out the pissy side of McCain, which is pretty unflattering.

What I really found interesting was the post-debate spin. I watched the debate on NBC and left it there to see what each candidate's surrogate had to say. For Obama, running mate Joe Biden appeared, and frankly, I wish Obama said a few of the things Biden said about Iraq and John McCain's judgement. For McCain, Rudy Giuliani appeared, rather than McCain's running mate Sarah Palin. Brian Williams issued a disclaimer before bringing on Giuliani, which was that NBC asked for Palin to comment post-debate, and that request was denied. I'm not sure if she's appearing on any other network - I highly doubt it - but to me, that's very telling, because bringing out Palin would have completely undermined every argument McCain made about Obama's experience and McCain's own judgment, because she has neither. Which makes her qualified to be president how, I wonder?

Tired now.

Going to sleep.

More beard tomorrow.

-EB

No comments: