Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Friday, September 19, 2008

It's Pronounced "Nu-Cle-ar"

I was just watching CNN, and they played a clip from the McCain/Palin rally being held today in Minnesota. Gov. Palin was speaking about Iran, and how (I'm paraphrasing here) "we must not let them acquire nuke-u-lar weapons." I don't disagree with that sentiment - which is probably one of the only things the hockey mom and I would agree on if we compared lists - but, my God, how hard is it to say "nuclear" correctly? It's pronounced "nu-cle-ar" - there's not an extra letter U in between the C and L.

Y'know, her inability to say "nuclear" correctly, her absolute certainty that she's right, her unwillingness to blink about anything, and her complete lack of experience on the world stage (apparently she didn't even have a passport until she became governor of Alaska) has made me realize that the only difference between Sarah Palin and George W. Bush is lipstick.

Lipstick. Frightening.

-EB

No comments: