Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Friday, August 15, 2008

Book Festival Clarifications/Corrections

Two things have come to my attention this week, both erroneous, and as such, require some clarification and correction. First, the clarification:

On the Decatur Book Festival website, the description for the workshop I'm giving indicates that I was a writer on the television show Futurama. This is incorrect. To clarify: I did work on the original 72 episodes of the show, but strictly in a production capacity, as the design coordinator at Rough Draft Studios, the animation house that produced the animation for the show. This is where I cut my teeth in the animation business, and learned just about everything I know about producing a quality cartoon. And while I wish I could say that I was a Futurama writer, I can't, because I wasn't, and I don't want to pass myself off as something I'm not. For anyone contemplating signing up for the workshop because of this erroneous information, I apologize for the confusion - but I still think if you're interested in animation writing, you'll get something out of the event.

And now to the correction: On page 20 of the Decatur Book Festival circular distributed by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, I am described as "Cartoon Network's Elliot Blake." This is incorrect as well. I was employed by Turner Broadcasting's GameTap, which is a sister company of Cartoon Network, but I've never worked for Cartoon Network. I can only guess that since I'm giving a workshop on writing for animation, an assumption was made that I must work for Cartoon Network. I'd like to work for them, sure. But I don't. Once again, I apologize for the confusion.

Rock on.

-EB

2 comments:

1st edition books said...

First edition books are collector's items and are definitely great to own. While first editions of some books can be exorbitantly costly and out of reach for common people, hyper modern first edition books are often available at reasonable price.

Buy first edition books said...

I have saw your site in the Google search and saw some valid information from your site and i followed your information step by step and its very interesting points you have made in the site, and i got the pr 1 for my site within 1 week.. thanks for your valuable information