Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Friday, September 26, 2008

The Daily Beard - Day 4

Before I get I present Day 4 of The Daily Beard, I first want to make a short comment on the status of tonight's presidential debate: John McCain better show up and put his cards on the table. Obama is right - this is exactly the time we need to hear from our potential next presidents about how they'd deal with this crisis we're in. The biggest S&L in the country went under overnight, so clearly, this isn't a problem that's going away. I don't know if a $700 billion bailout of Wall Street is the right thing to do - I'm not an economist. But we need to hear what Obama and McCain have to say on this and a load of other issues, so if McCain doesn't show, in my opinion, it just exposes him as afraid to take on Obama. Don't be a wuss, Senator McCain - get your wrinkly behind on that private campaign jet of yours and let the people hear what you have to say.

And now, the beard:This is a special one, folks - a beard like this one doesn't just assume that shape on it's own, it needs wax and combing. It ages me a bit, I think, but also lends an air of distinction. I call this one The Bismarck, or The Too Much Time on My Hands 2.

-EB

No comments: