Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Twittering

Yeah, I've got a Twitter account. I don't know why, to be perfectly honest. I've got this here blog thang, and I've got the Facebook for my witty one-line status updates, and wisecracking about other people's updates, so do I need the Twitter? Probably not. How connected does one person need to be? But we're living in a Web 2.0 world, so here we are, with all these digital connection points.

Anyway, I bring it up because tonight I got an email alerting me that I had another follower on my Twitter account, which I had not updated since starting the account in September of last year - and the new follower of Elliot on Twitter is none other than one of my favorite bloggers, a guy named Dave Campbell, currently of The Society for the Advancement of Dave, and formerly of the comics blog Dave's Longbox, now dormant but still recommended if'n you're likin' the comics. Why he's following me on Twitter, I don't know, but it's certainly a pleasant surprise.

So now that I've got three followers - one of whom is my brother - I'm starting to feel a responsibility to update the Twitter periodically. I shall endeavour to do so. And when I spell "endeavour," I shall do so with the British "u." Because it's late in the evening and I'm feeling fancy.

-EB

No comments: