Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mekano Turbo!

Above is the character line-up from Mekano Turbo (click for full image), a full-on crazy pastiche of post-apocalyptic road movies, Japanese robot cartoons, and Venezuelan mythology, created by my collaborator on The Package, Alexis Ziritt. Alexis recruited me Tuesday night to help him out with a story for the Image Comics anthology book Popgun, which he needed to pitch today. So after mainlining a bunch of reference material and ideas Alexis sent me last night, this morning I sat down at the old iBook G4 and, completely inspired by the notion of doing something altogether different, banged out an outline for an 8-page story. And by 3:00 today, I found out our story pitch was accepted by the guys at Popgun. Next on the list: a script so Alexis can start drawing. This is going to be fun.

-EB

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is pretty awesome.

Senor Ira said...

Kudos to you dos!

Hope it works out mi amigo

RayRay said...

Outstanding my brother. Congrats !

First Children Fiction said...

I have saw your site in the Google search and saw some valid information from your site and i followed your information step by step and its very interesting points you have made in the site, and i got the pr 1 for my site within 1 week.. thanks for your valuable information..