Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Truth About "Lost"

Back when Lost first came on television, I watched it with my lovely wife Laura. She quickly gave up on it because it just wasn't her thing. But between the two of us, we quickly came to the conclusion that Lost was really an updated, much more complex Land of the Lost, the Sid and Marty Krofft show from the 1970's that has now been made into a Super Bowl-promoted Will Ferrel feature. After all, the characters of Lost were lost, in a mysterious realm, with weird things happening, and strange creatures making their lives difficult - like the smoke-monster. "Well, that's a load of crap," you might say, because, "Where are the Sleestaks?" And that's where things get more complex, because there are Sleestaks on Lost, masquerading as the inner-demons of each character. Sleestaks of...the soul.

Also, look at Ben. Big eyes, a little bulgy in nature. Sleestaks? Also big eyes...

Sleep on that, my friends.

-EB

3 comments:

RayRay said...

I would have never made that connection, but yet I see it now as well. Oddly enough I think that Heroes is based off HR Puffinstuff and the abilities represent the magical flute.

Anonymous said...

I didn't give up on it because it wasn't my thing. I stopped watching because it scares me, the mommies DIE, and now I have Rachel Maddow.

Anonymous said...

Both Lost and Heroes are obvious rip-offs of Charles in Charge.