Elliot Blake's Tumblr Photo Blog

Sunday, February 15, 2009

An Apology To My Blog and Random Notes

Hi, elliotblake.blogspot.com -

Elliot here. Clearly, I have been absent from you over the past week. And it occurred to me that perhaps you feel neglected. I don't have a great reason for my delinquency - I just haven't much felt like posting, which I realize is not a great way to keep up traffic to the site. I'm sorry. But hey, I haven't felt much like twittering either, so, y'know it's not you - it's me.

Oh, and about Twitter - I don't want you to get jealous. It's just a way for me to get some of my more random 140 character thoughts out there to the eight people who are dying to know what I think at any given moment.

Look, elliotblake.blogspot.com, I know you rely on me to update you - if it's not me then who, right? - so I'll try and do a better job of it this week. And just to make it up to you, I'll start here with some short notes about a variety of subjects:

-Big, big congratulations to my friend Jay and his wife Jen on the birth of their son Lucas!

-The Watchmen movie is coming out in a few weeks, and a friend of mine from college, photographer Clay Enos, was the on-set photographer, as well as the guy who shot all the photos for the movie posters. He has a book out now of his portraits from the set, and you can find here on Amazon. I saw the book in the comic shop the other day, and it's gorgeous. Clay graduated from Ithaca a year or two ahead of me; he was one of those cinema-photo majors that I and everyone in my class looked up to. We reconnected recently via the Facebook, and it's nice to see him really hitting the big time. Clay is also the mastermind behind the Organic Coffee Cartel, which is single-origin, specialty gourmet organic coffee. I hear it's good stuff. (I need to order a can.)

-Baseball is back. I am prepared for another rough season following the Orioles. Why do I continue to punish myself like this? I haven't lived in Baltimore since 1993, so I should give it up right? Nah. Not gonna happen. Cut me, I bleed orange and black. I guess you could call it a malady; I call it O's Fever. It could be worse - I could be a Cubs fan. My pre-season picks for division winners and the wild card slots in the AL and the NL coming in March. Watch for it!

-My cell phone screen cracked last week, and now most of the screen is completely unreadable:
I can just about make out who's calling, but the phone book is a problem and dialing is dicey. Worse, I can't read or respond to text or multimedia messages. Example - today, I got a picture of Jay's son on the phone. Couldn't see it at all, but somehow I managed to forward it to my email address. Not so easy. I need a new phone. I'd like an iPhone - I'm a Mac guy, it would fit in nicely with my hardware profile - but I am very much intrigued by the Palm Pre, which isn't out yet, but sure is purty. It has a physical keypad that slides out very elegantly from under the screen, and as a former Blackberry user, I like a keypad I can touch. Sure, I could go back to a Blackberry, but after playing with friends' iPhones, that's unlikely to happen - I'm too much of a gadget geek and the iPhone is the gadget geekiest. And frankly, so is the Pre (at least at first glance). Right now, though, I'm trying to hold out with the busted screen phone until some external issues stabilize.

Okay, blog. Do you feel better now? That's a lot of words up there. I hope you no longer feel neglected.

Sincerely,
EB

No comments: